Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dirty Tricks of the Photosphere

Man, oh, Woman! Photography used ta be so respeckted. BUt, once you get those blogger heads involved it can turn durty. Just this morning I was talking 2 a photo blogger. I asked him how he be doing. He said he was fine but that the scrappers, sploggers, and cloners were doin' their usual damage. So, i took it upon myself to ask what they be doin'. Here's his list. (I am feeling celebratorious since it is Cinco de Mayo. I will use some Spanish.):

Uno. Sites swarm in and steal your links and content. Then post 'em on their sites as if they discovered them. (I looked at some of these sites. Ya got be an idiot to believe that they could come up with these links.)

Dos. Aint' gonna name names but many of 'em reset their server clocks to an inaccurate time. So, if Site A posts something at 9 am and Site B goes "yummy" and steals the link and reposts it with their server set to 8am -when it's actually 9- idiots believe that Site B is smarter. You u b one of these gullible readers my advice to you is to go get a brain.

Tres. Some of these sites actually steal unique content without ever givn' credit where credit is due. Yes, they copy the info word 4 word and repost it without ever givin' away their sources. Steal, steal, steal. 

I smell something rank. In da race for numbers and hits and all that web site jargonese people do stupidous things. I'd love to name names and letters. But, you'd take it with a grain of beer and think it was all rumorous. Don't encourage them. Avoid their sites. Put 'em outta bizness. 

Nobody said it was pretty. But, these be pretty rank. And, it has given me gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment